Thursday, March 7, 2013

Beginning

My name is Scia. Alright, perhaps it isn't...perhaps I don't have a name. But I guess I need to be called something. Some people refer to me as Scia Malkator. Why? Because the man that people knew as Benjamin Malkator is practically the closest thing to a father to me. Not that's really of any use now. I'm a clone of sorts of his...or at least was created by using his genetic material that was at the archive.

I don't get why the Blind Man would clone Malkator. I've read Benjamin's tale and it seems to me that the Blind Man would want anything even remotely related to Malkator to vanish of the face of the earth.

Then again, I shouldn't be complaining...I kind of like existing.

Speaking of the Blind Man, he's kind of after me. I've been trying to help my friend Zack. Zack has recently become a gifted of the Archive.

I guess I have some explaining to do!

There are these things called fears in this world. The fears are personifications of humanity's fears or rather eldritch representations of them. There are many fears in this world, the Blind Man is one of them. He is the fear of getting old or forgetting. His workers are called Archivists & they work in the Archive which could only be explained as a big office building with multiple functions. It's not literally an office building, but it seems to work the same way.

Now, Gifted are special servants of his. See the Blind Man takes your memory when you start working for him. Gifted however are given memory, just not their memories. Gifted get memories from someone else. It's bizarre.

The Archive tends to run multiple fear related and non-fear related experiments. I'm one of those. Luckily with some quick and clever thinking on my half, I was able to escape. After being born, I kind of figured out the situation, although it helped that someone there clothed me & explained the situation to me.

There was a knife nearby on something that looked like an operating table. The first person I saw, I just cut him. I'm not proud of it, but I was kind of terrified and shocked by simply what was going on. I wanted to get out of there as fast as possible. I reached what looked like an exist when more people came up to me. They didn't seem to be friendly at all. But I guess I can't blame them, they are brainwashed to believe that they are doing good.

I slid under them. Once behind them I went for the door. It wasn't the exit. It was a room. The being I would later know as the Blind Man was there.

He looked in my direction, no doubt sensing me or something.
I was terrified, I felt like they would kill me and just try again with another. I didn't want that to happen. But there was nothing I could do. I was surrounded.

Suddenly I could see someone  appearing. A sort of black portal opened between me & the Blind Man.

A rather pale looking man with long hair stepped out of it and reached for my hand. I didn't really have time to think, but I thought anywhere but here would be a good place to be.

We were now in the place I know as Earth. New York to be exact.

"Than...Thanks a million" I said and breathed heavily after all that.

"No problem" He said and summoned the portal again.

"Wait, who are you?"

"Da-" was all he uttered before disappeared. To this day I have little to no idea who that guy was, but I'm grateful.

The next thing I did was find a place to stay. I for some reason knew a lot about earth and this city, my guess would be that my memories are either manufactured by the Blind Man or a fraction of Malkator's memory. I'm not really certain. I found a motel and sort of convinced the man to let me stay until I get back on my feet. The clothes I had been given by that one archivist I killed had 50 dollars in it, so it was enough for a couple of nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment